Sign in to follow this  
youngbuckanglers

Fishing Ponds In Fresno/madera/clovis Area

Fish the backwater ponds off of the san Joaquin river in the n.palm upstream to highways 41 area of Fresno

Excellent fishing could be argued as best in America no one really know about

The whole san Joaquin river from Fresno to Stockton has millions of backwaters ponds

Fresno area alone has vast pond backwater look on Google map of Fresno in north Fresno area.

• Like 1

Ball ranch on Friant road opened up again for Bass and Crappie ... but then there's alot of people since it reopened. A $6 fee at the door then you're good to go.

Ball ranch on Friant road opened up again for Bass and Crappie ... but then there's alot of people since it reopened. A $6 fee at the door then you're good to go.

Have you gone there yet? If so hows the bite?

Have you gone there yet? If so hows the bite?

I have and have luck with mainly crappie with live minnow and a few bass. They only open on Saturday and Sunday best time to go is on a Saturday on a warm day.

Beware of the place though there's alot of people there ain't much spot to fish. And the pond is pretty shallow.

Beware of the place though there's alot of people there ain't much spot to fish. And the pond is pretty shallow.

Thanks for the info. Never gone there, first time hearing about it actually. Do you think all the spots would be filled up by noon? I want to make a trip there this  Saturday but have work until 11. By the way is it just catch and release? Or are there limits?

Thanks for the info. Never gone there, first time hearing about it actually. Do you think all the spots would be filled up by noon? I want to make a trip there this  Saturday but have work until 11. By the way is it just catch and release? Or are there limits?

Depends, I believe it reopened about just 2 or 3 weeks ago so people will still be interested in going. There's limit but I'm not quite sure what's the limit. Ask the dude at the front if you do go.