Sign in to follow this  
BassnChris

Removable Passenger Seats

I searched but found nothing.

Had the thought to remove my bench seat and install some 3 pedestal bases so the seats could be used as passenger seats (without pedestal) while underway. Could then use them with pedestal while fishing if so inclined.

Thought and or concerns to consider?

Question, why would you want to do that? What is the reasoning or purpose? I dont want to come off like im knocking your idea, im just a llittle confused. I didnt know if i was missing something.

My only thought is that the middle of the boat isnt the best fishing position. I would much rather be in the back on a pedestal.

I often have 3 people in the boat and it just get crowded on the rear and front deck.

I already have it set up with a 3rd pedestal seat......just lift up the 'buddy seat' and insert the pedestal. but that person has to walk on both the floor and the seats.

If I removed the bench seat completly and had 3 pedestal seat bases in that space.........when fishing the operator and right side passenger seat could be removed and place on the front and rear deck pedestal bases......and then the 3rd seat cold be raised in place with a pedestal and they would not have the uneven (not as uneven) surface to fish from. Give them a little more room to fish.

I really wish I had thought it through and not purchased a dual console..........................but now I must live with it for a good while to come.

Let me know if you would like more infor or I need to clarify.........................I do not want it to look too redneck engineered and it will need to be safe as well as funtional.

How often do you stop and fish a spot?  I am a run and gunner and would get tired of moving the seats all the time.

How often do you stop and fish a spot?  I am a run and gunner and would get tired of moving the seats all the time.

I usually fish a spot out........not what I would call run n gun.

How long is your boat? Mine is 20 (19'10") and i have enough room for two people to fish up front. I didnt know if that is an option.

The third fisherman is usually my 9 yr old son. I feel safer with the distance between us. He has already hit me in the back of the head with a roadrunner at high velocity. That hurt a bit, let me tell you.