Sign in to follow this  
Fishin24/7

Abu Garcia Gen 3 Revo S

I am wanting to get a new gen 3 revo s for my veritas rod. How does this reel compare to the sx and the stx? I mostly want the s because it looks cool on my veritas but I currently have a gen 2 sx and stx I'm happy with them(other than the weight of these gen2 reels). Thanks

SX being a magnetic brake alone, I'm not a huge fan of it for casting techniques. But I love it for flipping/pitching. The last time I used one for casting techniques was when I had it on a crankbait rod. I could cast a mile but that's mainly just from practice without using any brakes at all, any of the Revo's would be just as well suited for that. STX is a great real, but if you don't feel you can spend that much there is nothing wrong with the S.

I wanted to buy some of the gen 3 revo's but after putting the s on a rod I did not like it. The gear box on the right hand side hangs down too low and I palm the reel when fishin so my fingers go under the reel and hit the gear box and leaves them in a half bent position. Put one on a rod before you buy it and you will see what I am talking about.