NEjitterbugger

Saltwater Spots Southeast Florida

SW fishing in Palm beach county is very slow this time of year, and this year seems to be exceptionally slower than most other years.  I do know they are doing well an hour or 2 north.  They are catching some small bluefish sporadically in the afternoons in the ( ICW) Lake Worth area using cut bait.  No where is more true that only 10% of the water has fish than in saltwater, fish almost always follows bait, and if there is no bait around, not likely too many fish around.  Bait and wait, you never know.

Last year I caught some sheepshead, ladies, small snapper, small jacks.... Still fun...

Would you suggest targeting largemouth then...

Sheepshead are hot now, but it's an entirely different kind of fishing, which isn't for me and I don't do it.  People fish with tree crabs, and a few other baits I can't remember, they just lean over the side and soak em.  People love eating them, we have a couple from Ohio that come every year and stay for 3 months and fish sheepshead everyday and they take home hundreds, there's a plot to lynch them too lol.

I would make my main emphasis on lmb, you're on vacation so you will have a better chance of catching something.  I would not eliminate doing some saltwater, if you happen to connect with something good, it's going to give you the kind of thrill you only see on televison.