fishinkeebs

Bent Trolling Motor Shaft

Hey guys was fishing last wknd. and hit a stump pretty hard and bent the shaft on my bow mount trolling motor pretty bad . Its a older motorguide unit.  The shaft is bent right below where the inner and outer shafts come together. Its bound up pretty good. Is this something i can try to bend back or does the unit have to be replaced. First time this has happened. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

I took mine apart. It's not that difficult. Stuck it in the fork of a tree and worked it until eyeball straight. Got it in garage with a couple 2 x 4's and fine tuned. If you have a little kink or dimple in the shaft, you may have to drive a piece of pipe or a socket through the tube to round out, but if the shaft is not actually broken not hard to fix. Biggest PITA is splicing the wires back together. It took a couple hours three years ago and I'm still going.

same thing happened to me i took motor off boat and 2 2x4 and a vice got to straighter not perfect but alot better then it was hope that helps

Thanks guys.. Gonna get it apart see what i can do