Sign in to follow this  
BassnChris

Anyone Use Self Centering Bunk Glide-Ons

Does anyone have those pvc Self Centering Bunk Glide-Ons installed on their trailer?

I was thinking about installing them on my inside bunks but thought I would ask around first,

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

For whatever it is worth I am pretty sure I am going to install these too.  Only complaint I can find is the boat slides off too easy.  I don't and refuse to unhook until my boat is in the water anyways.

I just put 6 of them on my trailer. It was worth it for sure. Keep in mind you dont need to do the first foot or so because its in the water. My boat is aluminum and with my small motor I could not over power the carpet to get back on the trailer once it stuck. I added those pads and I can go right to the roller.

Bought mine on ebay, theyre made out of starboard. I paid like $35 shipped for 6 -10" peices pre drilled. Installed at the launch in 10 mins.

On a related note. I am due for new side bunks. I am going to make them out of the composite decking materials you can buy. Its gotta be just as slick.

On a related note. I am due for new side bunks. I am going to make them out of the composite decking materials you can buy. Its gotta be just as slick.

That is fine for the side bunks, but on a related note just be sure not to use it as the main bunks that the boat rides on. The composite decking materials have no strength whatsoever and will bow incredibly under only a little weight from the boat. Wood all the way underneath. Plus the stuff is expensive