Sign in to follow this  
mcipinkie

Jackson County Tournaments - April 29, 2013

My report is shorter than normal this week since I did not fish the Blue Springs tournament on Saturday due to conflict with Joe Bass at Pomme de Terre.

I have to brag a little.  Fishing alone, I finished in fifth place, and cashed a little check.  I was also highest finishing Skeeter driver and cashed a bigger check.  If you are running a Skeeter of any age, you really should check out the Joe Bass Team Trail.  Highly recommended.  Schedules, etc. on line.

Jacomo Monday Night Buddy Bass - April 29, 2013.

We got what we wanted with the break in the weather Sunday and Monday.  Monday was nice at tournament time.  Low to mid 80's, but pretty breezy.  Water temps varied from mid 50's in the main lake to upper 50's, even a little 60 degree water in the creeks.

The fish, apparently, were in that funk they get in just before moving in to spawn.  It was tough Monday night.  We had a decent draw.  Eight boats showed.  We'd like to stay in the eight to twelve range.  Jacomo fishes really nice with 10 - 12 boats.

Most competitors, including yours truly, reported catching a fairly good number of short fish, but keepers were hard to come by.

Randal Keith and Dana Zander won with a limit of two fish at 5.5 lbs.  Randal also had big bass at 3.1 lbs. 

Jason Hahn and Josh Mills had second place with one fish at 2.4 lbs.  Two other smaller keepers were weighed in also. 

Pretty small compared to the nice fish we have been catching.

Blue Springs is fishing again Saturday, May 4, from 700A to 100P.  $50 entry.
Jacomo Wednesday/Sunday on Wednesday night, May 1, from 600p to 900P.  $40 entry.
We're on again Monday night, May 6, from 600P to 900P.  $30 entry.

If you are wanting to try your hand at tournament fishing, these are great tournaments to start.  Low entry, close to home,  good bunch of guys.

COME ON OUT AND JOIN US !!

The Jacomo Bass Club fished last Wednesday.  May 1st, 2013

Tim Burt and Joe Inda won with 10.24 lbs

Nate Flynn and Jeff Needles came in second with 10.12 lbs

Mike Glover had a 4.78 for Big Bass

There were 4 fish over 4 lbs weighed in.  The guys that have the better quality couldn't find 4 fish and the guys with 4 fish limits couldn't find the better quality fish.

They will be back at it tonight and with the weather I would assume that there will be big weights..............