Sign in to follow this  
Shadrac

6' Light Weight Rod Recommendation

Hello-  nearly every summer I fish a great lake in Maine that is populated by a few zillion smallmouth all under 2 lbs.   I was looking for a good suggestion for a light weight (or ultra light) rod.  6' seems right but 5'6" would work too.  Was hoping to keep the budget under $100.    Any one have a favorite?  

I bought a tfo 6' light spinning rod last year as my panfish rod and have it matched with a shimano sahara 1000 that I have had forever. Really like this set up and the rods are in your price range.

6' med. lt action st. croix triumph.  I have one and use it for smallmouth and crappie.  get some light braid and its a good combo.  Im pretty sure they make the same rod with a light and an ultralight power.

6' is too short IMO. I have some 4'8, 5', 5'6, 6' and 6'6 panfish rods. The 6'6 is by far my favorite. Much better hookups when a bass decides to take it, with the little rods I lost way too many fish when they jumped and I couldnt pick up enough line to keep them hooked.