Sign in to follow this  
TrapperJ

Tracker 175 Boatbuckle Rod Strap Install, Anyone?

czr.jpg

Bought this to install realized not gonna be able to flush mount it to gunwal so got adapter and still think even if I did install screws will bust thru wall. Since it's not thick. Anyone have experiance installing this on an aluminum style boat? Might be returning.

How is that adaptor supposed to work? It looks to me like you would screw it to the side of the gunwale and then screw the buckle into the plate? The side of the gunwale is either wood or aluminum. There should be a gap between the side of the gunwale and the hull. (don't quote me on this LOL)

You got it pegged right the adapter screws into the wall with strap into the adapter. Feeling on my boat the gunwal feels about as thick as a sheet of aluminum. So I dont think its going to be a good idea to mount it to the wall. I saw reviews say people mounted it to trackers but didnt go into details

Strike that you mount the adapter base to the deck and not the gunwale, Instructions some times are useful! Lol