Sign in to follow this  
TWMstr

Going Jon Boat Fishing

I'm normally a bank fisherman, and have had awesome luck at doing so. But I'm buying a jon boat today, and going fishing in it sunday morning. Any specific lures I should use since now I'll be able to access the entire bank. I'll be casting under lily's, trees, and bushes mostly. Gonna be different casting to the bank since normally I'm casting away from it. Little help?

I wish I could say I am goin out and buying a Jon boat today... Eventually

Good luck man, but basically any lures you use bank fishing you can use on a boat... Maybe a few extra deep diving crank baits and get familiar with the drop shot rig

I'm normally a bank fisherman, and have had awesome luck at doing so. But I'm buying a jon boat today, and going fishing in it sunday morning. Any specific lures I should use since now I'll be able to access the entire bank. I'll be casting under lily's, trees, and bushes mostly. Gonna be different casting to the bank since normally I'm casting away from it. Little help?

Don't limit yourself to the bank.  Where a life jacket until you get used to casting in the jon. 

Make sure you have everything you need to be safe first of all.  Then make yourself a list of what you will be bringing with you on the boat.  If it's your first time on the boat, I would keep it simple until you get the feel for your new boat.  The last thing you need to do is trip over an over packed boat and fall in!  Will you be solo or with a buddy?