Sign in to follow this  
Amoore9900

Got 30 But Froze

Fishing had been good here last week I was fishing with my brother and he lost a mosnter biggest bass I have ever seen (he spit it 5 yards from the boat) he was a lot bigger then my 10.5 .(same spot as mine and same spot as the bass that ate the duck) So we spent the next few days trying to him him got some 4's and the fishing had been good. (but not that fish)

Today we planned to fish and while we had some clouds didn't seem to bad and only 30 percent change of rain so off we go. About about 30 min the sky opens up and it is a hard cold rain (air is about 72) we have on t shirts and jeans and are soaked. The fish though are on we were getting a lot of action on soft plastics with 1/2 the fishing coming on power worms.  We got 30 bass in 3 hours the biggest 4 pounds and another 3 pound we didn't get the fish I'm after though.

We froze though we were not dressed for the rain and I haven't been this cold ever and we fished in freezing rain laster year with the air 35 degrees out. The fishing was so good you had no choice you can't go in cause of the rain though you must keep fishing so we did.

Congrats on an awesome trip!  Sucks about the rain but at least you were catching em.  There's nothing worse than getting soaked and freezing your ass off and not getting anything for your trouble.

Low pressure = lots of bites.  But when your line just hangs in the air and doesn't fall to the water (has happened to me a couple times), you know you've been out there too long!

I just didn't want to move the more we moved the colder we got....yes when your line doesn't fall time to go in...lol my brother is sick today so not the smartest move we have made....I might go back out this evening..