ULG

Upholstery Question???

I got an older 85 ranger commanche! Very goid condition, but seats need to be done. Anybody kno of anyone that will reso the seats and would work if shipped??? And how much does uphostery for a driver and pasenger seat with one armrest a peice usually cost? Any input would be helpful. Thanks BR!

I would call Ranger Parts Dept. to discuss getting a set of covers.  I helped a friend replace his bench seat covers using a hand staple gun and a set of saw-horses in his driveway.  If I can recall, I think it took us around four hours start to finish, and we had no previous experience.

Nice!!! Thanks!!! Did u guys use js standard vynol from a fabric retailer or was thr a more specifc favric used?

Ranger made the covers to fit his boat. You pull off the old cover and put on the new one seat at a time. Give ranger a call and give them your boats SN number. We can not find an Auto ulpostery shop around here any longer so Ranger was the best option.

I would call Ranger Parts Dept. to discuss getting a set of covers.  I helped a friend replace his bench seat covers using a hand staple gun and a set of saw-horses in his driveway.  If I can recall, I think it took us around four hours start to finish, and we had no previous experience.

I'd suggest stainless steel, or monel staples. 

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=1186&familyName=304+Stainless+Steel+Staples

You need stainless steel staples, regular staples will rust out within a couple of years.

You need a marine vinyl to get the UV protection. The seats will dry out, harden and start cracking if you use a vinyl that does not have UV protection.

To pay an upholstery shop to recover them will be expensive, probably $300 or more per bucket seat (and at todays prices, it maybe way more).