rvadog

Where To Launch A Kayak (Miramar/hollywood/pembroke Pines)

Just bought a kayak today and I need to go somewhere to test it out and get back in the practice. I plan on using it mostly for salt water but since I'm taking it out anyways, I might as well try and catch a fish. Anywhere in the above areas you guys would recommend putting in a kayak?

Griffin rd/ Orange Ave canal has a couple spots specifically for launching kayaks. One is at 441 and Griffin which is for the brackish water side and another is on the freshwater side farther west.

Griffin rd/ Orange Ave canal has a couple spots specifically for launching kayaks. One is at 441 and Griffin which is for the brackish water side and another is on the freshwater side farther west.

^^There's a spillway there.^^

Don't know the name off hand but I believe there is a place off Sheridan @ the ICW.

The El RIO canal in Boca, I'll give you 2 options that I know of and there may be others. On 4th just north of Glades @ 17 th are the Cynthianna apartments (something like that) a small cemented boat launch in the rear parking lot, I've never seen anyone hassled. there is a spillway there, one side fresh the launch side is brackish and tidal.  In the same canal system a few miles away is Pioneer park on Dixie just north of Hillsboro, there is a public boat dock.  I've caught snook, jacks, ladyfish, seen tarpon rolling but haven't caught one there, and getting closer to the spillway LMB.  I would suggest high outgoing tide.