Sign in to follow this  
pbizzle

Trigger X Goo Bug

These were on clearance at Academy for $1.98 a bag. Got the last two bags they had in carolina bug and june bug. Are they any good?

• Like 1

These were on clearance at Academy for $1.98 a bag. Got the last two bags they had in carolina bug and june bug. Are they any good?

Found this online:The Trigger X Goo Bug is one of the key baits Jacob Wheeler used to secure his 2012 FLW Forrest Wood Cup victory on Lake Lanier, becoming the youngest ever to win the Cup, and taking home $500,000 in prize money.

Found this online:The Trigger X Goo Bug is one of the key baits Jacob Wheeler used to secure his 2012 FLW Forrest Wood Cup victory on Lake Lanier, becoming the youngest ever to win the Cup, and taking home $500,000 in prize money.

I saw this also. I take everything I read about pro's with a grain of salt. I mean there being paid to advertise and use the products and could probably make a spark plug sound like the next senko.

I saw this also. I take everything I read about pro's with a grain of salt. I mean there being paid to advertise and use the products and could probably make a spark plug sound like the next senko.

That's true as well. Start slinging it and very soon you will have your own answer...your experience's yea or nay is what going to really matter anyway!

I haven't had any luck on trigger x baits.  Maybe I just don't have enough confidence in them but I threw the flapping bug everywhere and couldn't buy a bite.  It was a big/wide and heavy bait for sure

I haven't had any luck on trigger x baits.  Maybe I just don't have enough confidence in them but I threw the flapping bug everywhere and couldn't buy a bite.  It was a big/wide and heavy bait for sure

They smell exactly like mirrOlure soft plastics I use for trout in the salt. The goo bug is a smaller bait though. Seems like it may be good as a jig trailer.

That's true as well. Start slinging it and very soon you will have your own answer...your experience's yea or nay is what going to really matter anyway!

I won't get to really fish them until the 24th when I have my next club tournament , but I'll try to try them out a couple times before. I'll tell y'all how I do.

• Like 1

They smell exactly like mirrOlure soft plastics I use for trout in the salt. The goo bug is a smaller bait though. Seems like it may be good as a jig trailer.

I won't get to really fish them until the 24th when I have my next club tournament , but I'll try to try them out a couple times before. I'll tell y'all how I do.

Kool...hope you win BIG TIME!

Kool...hope you win BIG TIME!

Me to. It seems like once I get on a boat I can't catch a cold.