gall

Berkley Trilene 100% Fc Xl Question

has anyone used it yet? i see it is made for specifically for spinning set ups and i always had bad luck with fc as my main line on spinning set up so my question is if you have used it how do you like it, what # line do you use and how abrasion resistant is it/ how does it handle over all on the reel and while working a lure all input would help so i know if i should blow the 20$

I just got a free spool and spooled it up yesterday. I'll be taking it out Friday to see how it goes. It was 12lb though and I have it on a cranking setup. So in terms of spinning reels, wont' be much help. It honestly doesn't feel any more limp that most 12lb Fluorocarbon lines. Feels pretty on par with most fluorocarbons and nothing special. Just what I've seen so far. Sorry not much help.

I have.  It and Berkley vanish.  I was not impressed.  #6 and #8.  I pretty much just use that stuff for leaders now. 

That's what I was curious about cause I would use 8# and I used the 100% fc and hated it on my spinning set up

If you are looking for some excellent spinning reel fluorocarbon... Sniper FC in 6lb is absolutely amazing. It's very strong (dont' let the 8lb fool you), and it's very limp compared to any other fluorocarbon I've put on a spinning reel. 

fluoro on spinning gear :No: 

braid line to fluoro leader :respect-059: 

or keeping using the fluoro u have but spay with KVD line conditioner

fluoro on spinning gear :No: 

braid line to fluoro leader :respect-059: 

or keeping using the fluoro u have but spay with KVD line conditioner

Try 4 and 6lb FC Sniper... No spray, no nothing. No memory, limp as hell, and surprisingly strong. I  had 5 fish over 6lbs on the 4lb test last month. The stuff is awesome.

Braid when fishing baits like a senko on slack-ish line, the braid creates a bow in the water... The braid and fluoro are doing two different things in the water.. (This is for baits that have a slow fall and you don't have direct contact with, not things like a drop shot where I too use braid many times).

Atm im running 30# power pro with a 10# p line fluroclear leader it works pretty well all around since I use my spinning set up for crik smallies which in a bulk amount of time im throwing 1/4oz or lighter for my baits