Since I read about the US Reel Super Caster Spinning reel I been dying to see if it can out cast my hottest setup with my Finor 400s with my 7' spinning rod.

I'm casting around 60+ yards now maybe more. I figuring using two of the same exact rods with the same test line and 5/8oz.

lures too. I'll make sure it's a calm day for this casting test. I wonder if I could go to a local football field that has the yardage marked early in the morning. Right now I outcast every shore fisherman that's ever near me. I just wonder if the super caster outcasts my setup.

Now in fishing from shore making long casts does have its down sides like I seen before. I lost a new state record LMB

When she it at the longest part of my cast. She went down in the weeds so fast I lost her. Even with my Popeye arms I couldn't pull her up. Being that long of a cast the slack line and my reaction time was off too. So I know success is iffy on long casts. But I gots to know if the super caster can out cast my hot topwater setup. It's all about bragging rights. I found a new super caster 180 spinning reel on sale for $57 with free shipping. One reel for one cast time will tell.

Sorry correction it was $47.95 with free ship. Ebay

I don't find too much of a difference in distance from one spinning reel to another and I've used both traditional as well as wide spools, my opinion the rod and lure determine distance.

I lost a new state record LMB When she it at the longest part of my cast.

How does one know the exact size of the fish without landing it, especially hooked at distance?

As highlighted in your post, you can outcast your hook setting power.

So you can cast a mile. If you can't set the hook properly and bring her in then you are wasting your time.

As for the football field, just go to any high school and walk on the field and cast away. Unless the gate is locked and you can't get in I doubt you will have any trouble.

Her back was out of the water when she hit my topnocker. She was a big'un. I'm 4' above the water fishing off a low bridge having I birds eye view of the action. She was working over the surface area when I casted near her. I seen her back out of the water when she first hit it trying to knock it silly then did a 180 and took my lure to Davy Jones locker. I'm standing a few feet away from where my PB of 10lbs was caught. My buddy hooked the same fish before. He broke his rod trying to horse her out of the weeds. It's like catfish Hunter in grumpy old men but no one landed it yet. But it's a big bass.

I also like to make longer casts parallel to the shoreline when I can too. At this same spot I have a channel that flows under the bridge along side a weedline to my right. I make a long cast at the weedline/channels edge with a topwater lure first. Next I run a deeper 10' crankbait along this same edge trying to attract a bass out of the weeds.