Sign in to follow this  
Preytorien

Refreshing Customer Service

While cleaning one of my BPS reels this week, I noticed a part in it that was broken, part of the brakes.

I called BPS Rod and Reel to order the replacement, which probably would've been pretty inexpensive.

To my surprise, I immediately got through to an actual AMERICAN person, a friendly lady who knew exactly what part I was talking about. She said that those parts come from their manufacturer already installed on the spool, and to take one off of the spool would make it unsellable to another person in need of it.

Without question or anything she took my address and said an entirely new spool is headed my way, free of charge, I'll get it in 7-10 business days.

I was shocked, I'm sure I sounded that way to her as well, she kind of chuckled when I asked if she was sure and I didn't mind paying for the parts.

That in my opinion is great customer service!

I have some Shimano gear under the tree, and I hear their customer service is pretty good too on warranty items. I've heard St. Croix also has great service.

I like to hear success stories.......anyone else have any great customer service stories?

• Like 1

Saint Croix, Daiwa, Shimano, Pure Fishing, Hawgtech, Siebert Outdoors, Fishhound, MTB, Pinnacle, Megastrike, G. Loomis, Bullet Boats, and West Marine are all companies I've had good CS experiences with.  Most were for product questions and support, but some were for defects, some were for product selection, others were for replacement plans.  It's a given that companies stand behind their product.  I don't find that simple replacement of broken/defective product enough to constitute good CS.  I also want support after the sale.  The companies I named all have provided that support, in addition to providing the bare minimum of standing behing their product.

• Like 2

Every experience I've had with BPS customer service has been outstanding. I actually just got back from checking out rods. I called ahead to see if they had the rod I was looking for in stock and the guy on the phone actually went out and found it. It takes me about 30-45 minutes to drive there but upon arrival I couldn't find the rod. I asked some of the guys in the fishing department and 2-3 of them stopped what they were doing and looked around the for the rod, checked in the back, checked ALL the other rods just to make sure it wasn't misplaced and approached me on several occassions to see if they could help me in any other way. I was surprised they went through that much trouble. Personally, I wasn't that concerned. I really just wanted to see how my reel would balance on the rod, which probably was sold by the time I got there with the amount of traffic they have this time of year. Not a major situation, but still, the staff went above and beyond my expectations.