Sign in to follow this  
flipin4bass

There Are Many Like It, But This One Is Mine...(Kayak Crate)

My son, an active duty Infantryman, helped his dad organize his crate using a couple of mag pouches, canteen pouch, and a grenade pouch. I really like the mag pouches for storing my line conditioner and attractant. They offer a very secure and easy access to small bottles and tube-like containers. I'm using the grenade pouch to carry my head lamp. If you know an active duty soldier, they can be had from military clothing sales or I have seen the same items on online military supply stores. They may or may not be preferred accessories for every kayak angler, but this old retired war horse thinks they're neat.

Another view.

Front.

Very cool. I remember from my time in the military those magazine puches were handy for all sorts of stuff! Most of us had a few extra on our web gear. Never would have though of using them on my kayak crate.

Nicely done. I've made a couple dandy crates over the years, but have moved away from them of late.

Now that I sit up high on my Native Ultimate's gunnels, I actually have a drawer under me that houses my soft plastics. I lay my rods out in front of me rather than behind me.

Hated the fact (fact for me) that I would, at least once in an outing, forget I had rods behind me as I made a side-arm cast with my baitcaster. Said baitcaster would have to be put down after said incident.

So I dumped the crate idea (for now).

But yours looks great!! :smiley:

Good job!

Humm I've got a few mag pouches. And a bottle of sent that leaks when turned over. Thank you sir!