Sign in to follow this  
Starkai

Question About Sufix 832 Neon Lime Colored Fishing Line.

So I recently purchased a new baitcaster and am now choosing line for the reel. I have narrowed it down to Sufix 832 but I wonder how the Neon Lime color affects the performance in terms of fishing. Will it be too visible or change the way fish react? I am going to tie fluorocarbon leaders so the visibility near the lure won't be an issue I just want to know if fish will see the line coming by and turn them off.

I did a bit of research on the visible spectrum in water and it appears that almost all neon colors stand out in water. I am not sure if that is good or bad when it comes to the question because I still do not know if that turns fish off or not.

Thanks for all of your answers :D

I feel like it's a non-issue really. If you are concerned, you can always tie on a longer leader. Also I think the benefits outweigh the 'risk'. I have the low-vis green on my spinning rod and it drives me crazy because I lose sight of it constantly and makes it impossible to line watch unless you sharpie the line or something. If you're doing something like jigging where bites are harder to detect I think its worth it.

• Like 1

I feel like it's a non-issue really. If you are concerned, you can always tie on a longer leader. Also I think the benefits outweigh the 'risk'. I have the low-vis green on my spinning rod and it drives me crazy because I lose sight of it constantly and makes it impossible to line watch unless you sharpie the line or something. If you're doing something like jigging where bites are harder to detect I think its worth it.

awesome! I was really hoping to hear this :D thanks for taking the time to reply.

I had one of my spinning reels spooled with 832 in dark green and the line had faded to a white-ish green after a year or so. Not sure what the high vis stuff is like though.

I think as long as you use a leader you should be fine. Otherwise, if you want to skip that check out Berkley's Tracer Braid. It gives you the best of both worlds.

Its give and take, you should get exceptional line visibility on your end but also on the fishes end. Like other guys said, if you want it use a leader. It depends what is important to you