Sign in to follow this  
QUAKEnSHAKE

Koppers Frogs my first impressions w/spro pics as comparison

I received 2 Koppers Live Target Frogs 65T size Green/Yellow & Black/Brown. I wont get to fish with them for a while but here are a few things I notice compared to my SPRO frogs, Scumfrog Trophy/Bigfoot.

First the "rubber" is a bit softer than the SPRO. If I had to put a relevance to it I would say 25% softer, easier to squish the Koppers frog top/bottom side/side. On my Scumfors the Scumfrog rubber is even softer than the Koppers.

Hooks- One of the hooks on the Koppers Green/Yellow is not sharp at all. I can run my index finger over it and the hook wont grab at all. The hook on the other side is a bit better but not great. The hooks on the Brown/Black frog are noticeably sharper but still not as sharp (not far behind) as the hooks on my used SPRO frog. The SPRO frog hooks will grab my skin with a light touch to them, with the Koppers it takes just a slight bit more pressure. I would say the hooks on my Scumfrogs are sharper than the Koppers as well.

Skirts-Cant really tell any difference between the Koppers and SPRO. They are the same length and have same feel.

Thats about all I have without getting to try them, here are a few pics.

393838950.jpg

393838952.jpg

393838948.jpg

393838947.jpg

393838946.jpg

mmmmm....that Spro Bronzeye Frog is making me crave that warm weather.  I can't wait to get back on the frog game next year when it warms up a bit. 

Thanks for the review.

I have all 4 of the colors Koppers makes. I was on the water this past week & did throw one to see how they would do. I think it will be a very good frog but it's a bit pricey compared to the Boze Sumo that I normally use. As did Quake & Shake I found the frog to be very soft which when pressed on exposes the hooks all the way. I also like the upward angle of the hook. The hooks on my 4 were very sharp. I threw it for 15 to 30 min on a grassy flat without a blow up & went back to catching a few on a spinner bait. I liked the way the frog sat in the water (low with the head out at rest). You will also have to squeeze the water out every 4 or 5 cast which does not bother me. The one thing that does concern me is the softness. I wonder how fast it will tear up when I start catching fish on it. It will be a while before I find that out though, springtime. ;)

The hooks on my 4 were very sharp. quote]

Yeah this (dull hook) is the kind of luck I live with. My first SPRO frog I bought had a deformed leg, didnt notice it until I got home, so had to drive 30miles back to the store to exchange it. The list goes on ;)

The hooks on my 4 were very sharp. quote]

Yeah this (dull hook) is the kind of luck I live with. My first SPRO frog I bought had a deformed leg, didnt notice it until I got home, so had to drive 30miles back to the store to exchange it. The list goes on ;)

Ahh just closely related to this. I bought a seat from Cabelas, it came today, on the 4th try the snap to hold seat down broke. The list goes on >;)