doyle8218

Canal Behind Falls Shopping Center Miami

Has anyone fished this area?

There is a boat ramp there in between the 2 overpasses. One of the overpasses is blocked off from boat travel. It also appears that several flood control pumps are located there. I was wonder if there are fish there or the avoid that area due to heavy activity in that area(water pumps, boat entries, etc).

As close as I stay to that canal, ive never fished it. From everything I've read, it seems to be a solid place to fish for both largemouth and peacock bass.

Give it a shot and let us know!

As close as I stay to that canal, ive never fished it. From everything I've read, it seems to be a solid place to fish for both largemouth and peacock bass.

Give it a shot and let us know!

I fish the canal all the time. I have just never fished that exact location. The large amount of activity is what concerns me.

I have fished that area from a boat and the sw 100 ave boat ramp. Lot of the bridges are very low and we had to lay down in the boat several times. We caught a bunch of peacocks especially out west by the turnpike. Peacock around the bridge pilings also. I have not been down there for years.

I have also fished from the bank behind the Falls Mall. Biggest peacock I ever saw in Florida was there I couldn't hook up.

I went out there in the beginning of last month. I didn't get a bite. I saw plenty of Carp but no bass. Some guy with his kid was fishing under the small bridge catching panfish. Plenty of those. But I had no luck with largemouth or peacock. Then again I don't consider myself all that skilled yet so who knows!

Peacock fishing peaks when the water temp climbs into the high 80*, low 90*, on a bright sunny day at high noon. Good luck save it for summer.

i fished this area from the bank, in august,  from the drainage pipes behind the mallall the way down to the first overpass whichis surprising that boats can get through. i had no luck but did see a gar, mayan cichlids, and many pleco suckerfish (not carp, they dont have the right mouth to bite anything). it seemed pretty void to me and i walked the bank as far as i could. there has to be better areas. i was fishing the evening and was limited as to how far i could go. no hits but it was one time as i was driving through. 

Saw some impressive pics of peacocks caught in the Miami area yesterday, crappie jig killed them.

I've gone twice at night. I caught a 4 lbs Large Mouth and a small one close to the end closest to US1 but that's it.