Sign in to follow this  
bigbill

When We Have A Great Day Of Fishing?

When we have a great day of fishing or some awesome days in a row. My question is do you tend to purchase more fishing tackle at this happy, happy time?

I can't be alone. I tend to purchase more tackle as my success continues. Just hoping my success will continue.

What do you guys/gals do?

When we have a great day of fishing or some awesome days in a row. My question is do you tend to purchase more fishing tackle at this happy, happy time?

I can't be alone. I tend to purchase more tackle as my success continues. Just hoping my success will continue.

What do you guys/gals do?

Depends for me, if I am running low on the said bait or lure I'll go grab a couple more.  I don't go crazy or anything. 

Many, not all, but many of my tackle purchases have been a response to a  "poor me" moment.  Something, real or imagined happened and I felt bad.   Poor me.    I'm not the first guy to exercise "retail therapy" and I doubt if I"ll be the last.   I've found through experience that the other "pour me" moments aren't particularly healthy.  I like a beer now and then, but not as therapy.   A good day of fishing will make me buy tackle only if I run out of something that was working.

Stuff that is "on sale" often grabs my attention.  I walked into Rogers the other day and they had a BUNCH of discontinued soft plastics on sale for a buck a bag.  I had an hour to kill before time to go to work.  Twenty five bags later, it was time to go to work.  So, I don't know, I guess my answer is that I buy tackle when the mood strikes me, and there really isn't a reliable indicator of when that is going to be.  Any marketing whiz who peeks into my shed will understand that the urge to buy tackle happens frequently.

• Like 3

Always looking for deals on tackle, no matter what time of year. Shakey heads, hooks, tungsten weights, jigs, flukes, twin tail grubs, drop shot minnows and weights, rat l traps, square bills, and jerkbaits are what I go through the most so I always keep an eye open for a discount.  

With the exception of replacing lost or damaged baits I do the majority of my purchases during the doldrums of winter.  Seldom do I purchase much during the heady rush of victory unless only one bait and/or technique seems to be working and I only have one of said item.  THEN I buy 20! 

Nope. I purchase all my crap on or around the big annual sales. I buy in bulk.