Sign in to follow this  
flintriver09

Flint River Kayak/canoe Tourney

Hows it going guys I'm a new member here just trying to get the word out to anyone that might what to fish with us. So here is the info. On March 8th we will be hosting a a catch-photo-release tourney river permitting. If the river is high or messed up we will reschedule to the first available weekend. Registration will be at the lookout at the bluff (Near Thomaston) the morning of be there at 5:30 a.m. sharp. This will give everyone plenty of time to get everything situated and then run the shuttle to their desired fishing location. You may put in at any stretch along the flint. Weigh in will be at 7:00 p.m. that afternoon back at the look out. A token will be provided the morning of the tourney that is required to be in each picture of a caught fish. You are required to provide your own measuring device and the numbers have to be visible. This is a 2 man five fish tourney $50 bucks a man with payouts 70% 1st place 20% 2nd place and 10% third place. A picture not deemed acceptable will be disqualified. To attempt to keep cheating down no large mouth will be allowed in the photos only shoal bass and spots. Please contact me for any other information. 
Thanks,
Nick

Sounds fun the shoal bass is one of my favorite fish if i had a canoe or yak id be all over this as thomaston isn't far from hear.

You are more than welcome to find a partner.  The more people the better if we have a decent turn out I am going to host another later in the year.