Sign in to follow this  
rboat

Hard lure vs soft plastic?

As a percentage, what do you throw more often?

I throw 60% soft plastic and 40% hard lures.

Is a jig a hard bait or soft?

I throw jigs about 30% of the time, which is weird because I have better luck with other lures.  ;D

I probably throw buzzbaits and spinnerbaits about 40% of the time and plastics the other 30%.

i let the fish tell me what they want  ;) so i throw everything equal. I would rather throw jigs and soft plastics thats my style.. the only lure i really like fishing is a lipless crankbait only because i fish it more like a jig but faster by letting it fall into the grass then ripping it out

Soft plastics of one type or another, craws, creatures, tubes, flukes and stick worms, about 80%...the remaining 20% split among various hard baits, cranks, jerk baits and buzzers.

I like the hard lure, crankbaits spinner baits.etc. But if those are not working, then i will not hesitate to throw a worm or other soft plastic of so kind. ;)

I haven't a clue of the percentage of what I throw, but I have very good records of what I've caught: Of the 1174 fish I've caught so far this year, 76.6% were caught on soft plastics (worms, grubs), and 23.4% were caught on "hard baits" that includes crankbaits, jerkbaits, lipless cranks, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, in-line spinners, and some topwater baits.

75% hard ( cranks, spinners, topwaters )

25% soft

But percentages mean nothing, the results are "biased", because it depends a lot on what you like/prefer to fish and obviuosly the percentage will reflect it. Personally, soft plastics are far from being my favorite lures so I don 't fish with them as much as I do fish with other baits.

Really depends on the time of year, weather, structure, current, blah blah blah. Id fish Jigs 100% of the time if the fish would cooperate. But realistically, I'd say 65% soft 35% hard.  This could turn into a great"that's what she said" thread.

If Jigs count as a way of fishing soft plastics, I'd say I fish soft plastics 90% of the time and hard baits 10% of the time.

IMO, plastics can be fished a lot slower than hard baits and I'm a very slow fisherman. I personally have no problem sitting on a spot for an hour combing it over and over very slowly with various T-rigs and jigs.

90+% soft plastics. i dont really throw much of anything else besides top waters , shallow cranks and spinners. the waters i fish are snag infested.

Normally, I'll stick with the hard baits, especially shallow cranks.  However, this past year I concentrated a lot on dropshotting and shakeyhead worms and did well.

Honestly, I throw whatever I have to (short of live bait) to get bit. I throw skirted lures about 35% of the time and the rest is whatever matches the conditions...