Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rboat

Hard lure vs soft plastic?

Recommended Posts

As a percentage, what do you throw more often?

I throw 60% soft plastic and 40% hard lures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a jig a hard bait or soft?

I throw jigs about 30% of the time, which is weird because I have better luck with other lures.  ;D

I probably throw buzzbaits and spinnerbaits about 40% of the time and plastics the other 30%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i let the fish tell me what they want  ;) so i throw everything equal. I would rather throw jigs and soft plastics thats my style.. the only lure i really like fishing is a lipless crankbait only because i fish it more like a jig but faster by letting it fall into the grass then ripping it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soft plastics of one type or another, craws, creatures, tubes, flukes and stick worms, about 80%...the remaining 20% split among various hard baits, cranks, jerk baits and buzzers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the hard lure, crankbaits spinner baits.etc. But if those are not working, then i will not hesitate to throw a worm or other soft plastic of so kind. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't a clue of the percentage of what I throw, but I have very good records of what I've caught: Of the 1174 fish I've caught so far this year, 76.6% were caught on soft plastics (worms, grubs), and 23.4% were caught on "hard baits" that includes crankbaits, jerkbaits, lipless cranks, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, in-line spinners, and some topwater baits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

75% hard ( cranks, spinners, topwaters )

25% soft

But percentages mean nothing, the results are "biased", because it depends a lot on what you like/prefer to fish and obviuosly the percentage will reflect it. Personally, soft plastics are far from being my favorite lures so I don 't fish with them as much as I do fish with other baits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really depends on the time of year, weather, structure, current, blah blah blah. Id fish Jigs 100% of the time if the fish would cooperate. But realistically, I'd say 65% soft 35% hard.  This could turn into a great"that's what she said" thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jigs count as a way of fishing soft plastics, I'd say I fish soft plastics 90% of the time and hard baits 10% of the time.

IMO, plastics can be fished a lot slower than hard baits and I'm a very slow fisherman. I personally have no problem sitting on a spot for an hour combing it over and over very slowly with various T-rigs and jigs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

90+% soft plastics. i dont really throw much of anything else besides top waters , shallow cranks and spinners. the waters i fish are snag infested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally, I'll stick with the hard baits, especially shallow cranks.  However, this past year I concentrated a lot on dropshotting and shakeyhead worms and did well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I throw whatever I have to (short of live bait) to get bit. I throw skirted lures about 35% of the time and the rest is whatever matches the conditions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×