Sign in to follow this  
JKarbo214

Strike King Wake Shad

Is this lure worth the money?  I saw Shaw Grigsby throwing it on his show earlier in the week and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were.  Are there better wake baits that are less expensive?

Hidden

I used one with good success last year. It really makes a big wake due to the flat bill on it and calls the fish up. I was basically using it instead of my normal Zara Spook, Devils Horse, or Pop R topwater. Even with a high sun it still worked well. It floats so you can pause and twitch it too.

I am trying some different jointed wake baits this year such as the River2sea vjoint wake and the Koppers Live Target Bluegill. But I also got anothe Strike King as a backup.

Since you probably wont snag and lose this bait, I feel its worth the price.

...Bill

I may not snag it, but those toothy critters seem to love my expensive baits and I feel that this one might be no different...

Hidden

6-12" steel leader should work.

....Bill

Saw that same show.  ;)  I'm going to give them a try for sure. Can't see how they wouldn't work. Just a smaller version of a "Slammer".

Ive used them and they do work very well. the joints do seem a little week and seem like they could break pretty easily, but i have not had one break, deffinitly worth the money IMHO

They work ok, but for the money I think there is better out there. The bill breaks easily and sometimes the joint will come apart. I think the RC 2.5 wake is a better bait.

Hidden

The jointed wake baits seem to work alot better than solid body.

....Bill