Sign in to follow this  
Craw

Slender Pointer?

Anyone use these? BPS catalog says they're "made to appeal more to smallmouth fishermen." I've been using pointer 78s and 100s and I'd be interested in trying some of the slender 97s. If anyone is familiar with pointers and slender pointers I would appreciate some comparisons.

Guest kingsalmon

Slenders are more slender, with tighter wobble, and three trebles. I prefer them over regular pointers.  

Guest kingsalmon

Yes I would. I would say they are more erratic but have lover amplitude.meaning if Pointer is wobbling for example 1 left and right, Slender pointer is  wobbling 0.5 but with higher frequency.

I did not test this - it is just my observation.

The 112 is my favorite jerkbait and the most productive hard plastic for me this year, it doesn't wobble b/c it doen't swim like most jerkbait but I agree the action is different than the 100 and the Live Pointer 112, they are thinner and weigh less 1/2 vs 5/8.

Slender pointers work better for Smallmouths and regular pointers for Largemouth. Out of all the pointers "live" being aside I prefer the 100SP.. even for smallies.

I recently purchased three of the 112s in American Shad but have not fished them yet. They sure look nice. Has anyone used a 112 in American Shad for Smallies?

I am also fond of the Slender Pointer 112.  Matte Pumpkin is my favorite color; it is a versatile color that works well in clear and stained water (the bait is not pumpkin, yet more of a green/rootbeer colored back with white sides).  Bass Pro closed out the 112's in Matte pumpkin for 6.88, and I purchased 10 (should have bought more  ;)).