Sign in to follow this  
Koofy Smacker

Question For Minn Kota Talon Owners

The setup that I have is a sandwich mount with the provided transom mount attached to it in which the Talon slides into. I know how I can lock the transom bracket to the sandwich mount, yet Ive been trying to figure out how to lock the actual Talon to the Transom mount and cant for the life of me figure out how to do it. One bolt undone and the whole unit slides right out. I emailed Minn Kota several times and they keep responding giving me instructions on how to attach their security locks to jackplates, regular bolts etc, yet none will tell me how I can lock the Talon itself to the mount which only has the top upper and lower sliding stopper bolts.

Has anyone figured out a way? I only need one for the bottom bolt since you cannot slide the unit down and out, only up and out.

If nobody has a way I am going to have to fabricate something myself.

Thanks guys

The setup that I have is a sandwich mount with the provided transom mount attached to it in which the Talon slides into. I know how I can lock the transom bracket to the sandwich mount, yet Ive been trying to figure out how to lock the actual Talon to the Transom mount and cant for the life of me figure out how to do it. One bolt undone and the whole unit slides right out. I emailed Minn Kota several times and they keep responding giving me instructions on how to attach their security locks to jackplates, regular bolts etc, yet none will tell me how I can lock the Talon itself to the mount which only has the top upper and lower sliding stopper bolts.

Has anyone figured out a way? I only need one for the bottom bolt since you cannot slide the unit down and out, only up and out.

If nobody has a way I am going to have to fabricate something myself.

Thanks guys

If I remember correctly, each lock in the MK lockset hasdifferent threads. One set of threads is coarse and one is not. Here's my set up

talon003_zps4291f7b4.jpg

I have the "stops" mounted on the other side

If I remember correctly, each lock in the MK lockset has locks with different threads. One set of threads is coarse and one is not. Here's my set up

talon003_zps4291f7b4.jpg

Ahhh so you put the lock onto the guidebar itself which once tightened won't let the unit slide out? Am I seeing that correctly? I completely overlooked that location to put it

There are 2 guide bars, one for each side, and then the 2 stops. Top and bottom. It's mounted to the guide bar bolt.

Thanks, I fully got it now. Don't know why I kept thinking that they had to go on the stopper nuts