Sign in to follow this  
panhardbar

Glx And Nrx

Why is there technique spacific rods for basically every technique in the IMX series for example but much fewer in the GLX and NRX series? Will more techniques be added this year?

Technique labels on rods are just marketing. They're maybe useful as a suggestion if you're unfamiliar witha brand or new to a certain technique. What are you looking for in a rod?

yes I'm aware. Just looking to eventually get all my rods on the deck switched over to GLX. Now I'm going for a spinnerbait rod, there is a few GLX rods that I have my eye on that would be exactly what I want for throwing spinnerbaits but if they come out with a rod with a spinnerbait image on the rod soon it would be worth waiting for. It's not a big deal, but if I can wait a little bit and get a technique spacific spinnerbait GLX in the near future id settle for that over grabbing another worm&jig rod now, when I'm really not in dyer need for new rod, just looking to slowing upgrade my whole rod arsenal. Currently I'm using a crucial spinnerbait rod.

yes I'm aware. Just looking to eventually get all my rods on the deck switched over to GLX. Now I'm going for a spinnerbait rod, there is a few GLX rods that I have my eye on that would be exactly what I want for throwing spinnerbaits but if they come out with a rod with a spinnerbait image on the rod soon it would be worth waiting for. It's not a big deal, but if I can wait a little bit and get a technique spacific spinnerbait GLX in the near future id settle for that over grabbing another worm&jig rod now, when I'm really not in dyer need for new rod, just looking to slowing upgrade my whole rod arsenal. Currently I'm using a crucial spinnerbait rod.

They did have a GLX Spinnerbait rod (actually 2).  They were the GLX SBR812 and the GLX SBR813.  They discontinued both of these for some reason (I would assume bad sales).  The only reason I never owned one was because those two models were limiting (the 812 was rated from 3/8 oz to 1/2 oz and the 813 was rated from 1/2 oz to 3/4oz).  I like to throw spinnerbaits that range from 1/4 oz up to 3/4 oz and I didn't want to have to carry two rods to cover which spinnerbait I wanted to throw.  I then found a rod that fit exactly what I wanted and found it to be the perfect spinnerbait rod, the GLX MBR783.  This thing is awesome for casting a wide range of spinnerbaits and it fishes them well.  I am hoping that a NRX 783 MBR comes out soon, so I can upgrade it, but if you are looking to the GLX line-up, then I don't think you will be disappointed with the GLX MBR783 when it comes to spinnerbaits.

• Like 1