Sign in to follow this  
wordty

Bass Pro Shops® Nitro Tournament Z Baitcast Reel For $59.99

Saw this deal on Bass Pro...how does this rate compared to the similar priced competition?

I've got the dragon ball Z reel.  It's actually pretty decent for the $60.  The aluminum frame and externally adjustable centrifugal cast control (functionally identical to ACS/ACSII) are unheard of for the money.  It's a fine reel but it is not smooth and the gear set is noisy.

The reel is still better than an Abu offering in the $60 range but I'd rather spent the extra $40 for a Pro Qualifier.  About the only thing I can think of that might be as good for a $60 budget are some of the Academy H20 reels.   

• Like 1

I've got the dragon ball Z reel. It's actually pretty decent for the $60. The aluminum frame and externally adjustable centrifugal cast control (functionally identical to ACS/ACSII) are unheard of for the money. It's a fine reel but it is not smooth and the gear set is noisy.

The reel is still better than an Abu offering in the $60 range but I'd rather spent the extra $40 for a Pro Qualifier. About the only thing I can think of that might be as good for a $60 budget are some of the Academy H20 reels.

2 things to add.

1.) I gave you a like for the Dragon Ball Z reference. My buddy and I loved that show when we were younger.

2.) The Pro Qualifier will be 80.00 starting Feb 28th (tomorrow). 64.99? Or so with reel trade in. If you can afford it, it will be a big step up.

• Like 1