Sign in to follow this  
CDMeyer

Gander Mountain Vortex

Gander Mountain has some pretty exceptional offers on these rods in the up coming mounts, and I was just wondering if anyone had ever used them, and what they thought of them.....

i got the spinning one and it is not very sensitive and also has a VERY soft tip. ive been trying to get rid of it and wouldnt use it for anything else but crappie fishing. definitely check it out in person before hand and see if its what your looking for, theres little to no options for different rods in the vortex series.

I bought one for 14 bucks but it's NOT, NOT, NOT worth the retail price of 59.99. The guides are cheap. I'd rather a Berkley rod easily

They wouldn't give them away with a 100 dollar reel purchase if that was the case

I bought it for 15$ and like the others say its very soft. I havent actually used it yet but Im at least going to try it for a weightless texas rig.

I bought it for 15$ and like the others say its very soft. I havent actually used it yet but Im at least going to try it for a weightless texas rig.

i even had a hard time fishing a weightless senko on it. made accurately casting a pain and i couldnt feel any bites, the only fish i caught bit when i was reeling it in.