Sign in to follow this  
lynyrdsky1

Damiki Hydras

How should I rig these? I got 2 packs of 4 inch and a few 3 inch i was able to salvage from 2 packs that melted.

I rig them both styles, upside down and rightside up. The fish will let you know which way they like it that particular day. I do like those hydras, really cool bait.

Ya know, that's another bait that I've just never had any luck with. The LM around here just don't seem to be interested in them at all. Perhaps it's more of a SM bait?

We have used both the Fat IKA and the Hydra, almost always rigged backwards.  While they both work, we favor the Fat IKA because it falls a bit faster.  More casts per day...more opportunities to get bit.  We added Neko weights to the Hydra's to get them to fall faster and that worked OK, but was more trouble than it was worth.  If you decide you like the Hydra's, let me know...I can sell you some at a decent discount.

Ya know, that's another bait that I've just never had any luck with. The LM around here just don't seem to be interested in them at all. Perhaps it's more of a SM bait?

It just occurred to me that I still have a couple packs of "*" sitting down in the shop that I should do something with...

Largemouth up this way love them. They work great for suspended smallies as well.

I normally fish IKAs in clear water around lots of rocks, bridge pilings and docks always next to deeper water. In the salad or super shallow there are better choices IMO.