New store opened, they get truck loads of surplus, so I picked up a ML 7 ft daiwa arid for 5 bucks. Never used a ML baitcaster before. It hold up to a 1/2 oz. any ideals

What is its rating?  1/2 oz. is out of....or at the upper limit of....most ML rod ratings.............I think.   Any higher, and it might as well be rated as a Medium.  Matter of fact, all my Medium Falcon baitcast rods are rated 1/4-1/2 oz.

EDIT:  I do have an older HMG that I think is a ML.  Doesn't say on the rod, but is rated for 1/8 - 1/2 oz.  My ML Villain spinning rod carries the same rating.

5 bucks. What a steal.

1/4 to 1/2 oz, thinking tubes or little Georges

That range seems right in the Medium rating for most brands

sorry a 1/8 to 1/2 but yea a little heavy for a ML, compared to my other medium.

i would fish small single tail grubs on a 1/4 or 3/16 jig head. maybe a casting dropshot setup. flukes, senkos, wacky rig

That's an awesome deal... good rod for anything with a light wire hook or small trebles. Congrats on the find.

I have the 6'6 mh not a bad rod by any means. The ml u could try it for drop shot?..

Well its about time you did it.

What took you so long??????

Great deal.

If I were you I would call the Bait Monkey and take him on a trip to that outlet.

Well its about time you did it.

What took you so long??????

Great deal.

If I were you I would call the Bait Monkey and take him on a trip to that outlet.

I was till I found out the lews I wanted was the cheap kind, not a fan of graphite side plates

Good deal!!!!! Here in Ohio I fish primarily ML or M powered rods. I'll throw anything from tubes to wacky worms to 1/8 oz spinnerbaits/chatter baits. Honestly just stay within the weight and line parameters of the rod and you'll be fine. But I do find that mostly you have to find that 'sweet spot' for casting, and for me it's usually right around 1/4oz.

• Like 1