Sign in to follow this  
buzzfrog

What Is The Differance Between Lews Tour Mg Laser Speed Spool Vs Tournament Mg Laser

as topic say, got a chance to get a lot of these for 60.00 a pop. they feel the same and look the same but the box says what the topic title says. tournament MG laser speed spool and the other Tournament  MG laser on box

The laser is a graphite framed reel, it is the lowest end reel Lews makes, I'd avoid it and go with the $99.00 speed spool.

so both even if it say Tournament laser, it is still  graphite. um i thought the tour reels were the higher ones

There's a tournament mg and a lazer mg. The lazer is their cheapest model and the tournament mg is right above the regular speed spool. If the model # starts with LS then it's a laser mg and TS is the tournament.

On eBay there are sellers that are listing reels like the speed spool and the tourny pro and they are misrepresenting what they are selling. They use words like tournment, pro, or team Lews in front of or behind the names of knferiror reels

Same reel just a redesigned box.

Ergh so not worth it then

Retail on it is $79.99 so you bought them for what you can find them for online for basically.

Retail on it is $79.99 so you bought them for what you can find them for online for basically.

but not a fan of graphite side plates

but not a fan of graphite side plates

The whole frame is graphite. Not just the side plates.

yep, no not a fan of graphite except my old carbonlite. see he is my bud and a fellow fish keeper(aquariums is my other hobby) He never told me his job but I found out through another friend he owns this store, so he doing an even trade for a few reels for a tank,  he has tons of lews and revo s and sx gen 3 as well. so I got a few to choose from