Sign in to follow this  
Big Matty L

Tube Jig Head On The Bass Pros

Episode 3 of 2014 season of The Bass Pros... Snowden did a Bass School 101 on tube jig heads that were weird in that fact that they allowed for a texas rig style skin hooking of the hook while still having the spiral fall of the standard tube jig head... i didnt catch the name of the specialized hardware he was using and idiot me deleted the episode off of my DVR

Anyone catch the name of the jighead he was talking about?

Thanks,

Matt

I didn't see that but it sounds like the E-Z Tube weight, it is a weight that goes inside the tube like a jig head would and there is a hole on the top and the side of this cylinder shaped weight that allows you to Texas rig the tube with a wide gap hook with an offset shank. I'm probably wrong but that will work in the same way you are describing.

Episode 3 of 2014 season of The Bass Pros... Snowden did a Bass School 101 on tube jig heads that were weird in that fact that they allowed for a texas rig style skin hooking of the hook while still having the spiral fall of the standard tube jig head... i didnt catch the name of the specialized hardware he was using and idiot me deleted the episode off of my DVR

Anyone catch the name of the jighead he was talking about?

Thanks,

Matt

Nope.  What channel are you getting that show on?  It was one of my favorite fishing shows until it vanished.  I have Direct TV.

The spiral is a characteristic of the tube bait itself.  A weedess rigged or lightly weighted Texas rigged tube is spiraling machine. 

Nope.  What channel are you getting that show on?  It was one of my favorite fishing shows until it vanished.  I have Direct TV.

The spiral is a characteristic of the tube bait itself.  A weedess rigged or lightly weighted Texas rigged tube is spiraling machine. 

You can find the show now pretty regularly in the outdoor channel

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

I was able to do it with wide gap tube heads I had on hand (I think they were made by luck-e-strike)   Some interesting possibilities with this rig.

• Like 1