Sign in to follow this  
frantzracing0

Need A New Jig Rod On A Major Budget

Im a major budget fisherman. I only have 2 rod/reel setups. One mh/f jig rod, and a cranking rod. Well last night I discovered that my jig rod was snapped in half in my shed from a falling car tire. I only have $50 to spend on a new rod (so my wife doesnt kill me) Any suggestions in that price point?

Lightning Rod. Nice cheap and they work well! I had ond for ten years and still use it

• Like 1

If you have a Cabela's nearby, look at the Fish Eagle 50. They're regularly $89, but they're 50% off right now. Heck of a good rod for $44.  

If Walmart is still selling the abu vendettas cheap I would get one of those

• Like 1

BPS Tourney Special. A TAD bit heavy but not bad at all. It's durable, good action and sensitive too. Go with the 7' MH or if you are fishing heavy stuff with bigger bass around, a 7' H.

• Like 1

Vendetta on sale or the Tec-Spec rods offered at dicks sporting goods. The Tec-Spec rods are great especially for the price. The first generation are on clearance and can be had for something crazy like $30 which is a total steal

Y'all got an Academy? March Rod Riot $49 - 39!

H2O rods

CastAway

Lighting

AllStar

Others

You'll like the h2o rods if you have an academy. If that "tire" strikes again they will swap it out no questions asked

Vendetta on sale or the Tec-Spec rods offered at dicks sporting goods. The Tec-Spec rods are great especially for the price. The first generation are on clearance and can be had for something crazy like $30 which is a total steal

I paid full price for my Tec Spec a few years ago, and felt like I did good.  Not a favorite rod now that I have some whose MSRP was 4 or 5 times more, but for the price paid it is a good rod.  I will have to see if my local Dick's has them at that price.  I'd prefer my youngest grandson not to be fishing with a $200 rod until he gets a bit older and more responsible.

Well, I ended up spending more than I wanted. But, I got the wifes approval first (its sad, I know) Ended up snagging the 7' Abu Veritas MH/F for 89 bucks shipped overnight!!! Too good to pass up at that price

Academy's H20 rods are all IM8 and are about $10.00 over your price mark but are light and sensitive.