Sign in to follow this  
buzzfrog

Picked My Other Pitching Rod

ok I keep hearing Powell alot ad my friend has a few enderances. I saw the Powell Inferno and it looks great and good reviews. I like the looks of it cosmetically to. I got a question I am looking at the 7'6, both MH but one is rated for 1 1/2 oz and the swim bait edition goes up to 3 oz, if i wanna try some small swim baits and small umbrella rigs; yall think I should get the  3 oz. edition ? It will be pared with a tournament Lews MG

if you are going to throw the rig with it i would get the heavier of the two, better safe than sorry. but if you are almost always going to be flip/pitch with it i would get the lighter one as it will probably have better balance.

Mitch

I'd have to go somewhere and be able to actually hold the rod to see what it feels like. I took a chance on the Powell diesel rods rods because they were on sale for 50 but I couldn't spend that much on a rod and not know what it felt like

I use the endurance 725 as my flipping stick and I throw a rigs and big swim baits on it as well also a good jig rod for heavier jigs. It's a 5 power rod... U can email or call them and talk to Keith he is the owner and he will go out of his way to answer all your questions .. Great company I can't say nothing bad about any of there rods

I held the inferno last week. Was surprised to see them in the mom and pop store I was in. Now I am a huge fan of the Max line and own a handful of them. The inferno came across as very tip heavy. Just my $0.02 as I have not had any water time with the inferno. Now the max 704 I can vouch for and it is sweet.