Sign in to follow this  
dam0007

Live Target Ratltrap Issue?

Got one of these via one of the subscription services, first cast with it had a follow and a light hit I missed at the boat. Few casts later got stuck in some rip rap, after that the thing wouldn't swim right. Like you would have to yank real hard to get the wiggle going. I've had tons of lures get stuck and loosened and unless it broke it still wiggled right. Any of you guys experience this with these? I like the light rattle sound would be good for a few places up here.

Did the hook get "all bent outta' shape"? If there isn't enough resistance from the hooks, it will not wiggle properly or as much.

nope hooks didn't get stuck or deformed in anyway. The nose is lightly chipped.

A chip in the nose shouldn't effect it that much. I don't use that brand, but my Aruku Shads and Xcaluburs get beat up to where the paint is gone and they still work great.

Got one of these via one of the subscription services, first cast with it had a follow and a light hit I missed at the boat. Few casts later got stuck in some rip rap, after that the thing wouldn't swim right. Like you would have to yank real hard to get the wiggle going. I've had tons of lures get stuck and loosened and unless it broke it still wiggled right. Any of you guys experience this with these? I like the light rattle sound would be good for a few places up here.

What one do you have?

check to see if the chip has cracked it and if it is filling with water. livetarget is my favorite lipless crank. have several that have no paint or eyes left and they still catch fish

I'm at a loss here, I've never had a bait literally stop working unless it was completely destroyed. Just the golden black color on nose is chipped a bi. No cracks. Re verified that tonight, it's not filling with water.

Send it back to Koppers. They will replace it for free. I had a problem with a blue back herring swimbait and they replaced it no questions asked.