Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Tatula Baitcast Reel And Braid

Might be getting a Tatula and just wondering from those who own this reel if braided line can be used with the new TWS.  Does the line shoot out with no problem and does the line reel in and lay on the spool good?

I mostly use braid from 30-40 lbs and I'm just concerned that the TWS will have some issues using braided line.

Cool, thanks for the reply.

How does the Tatula compare to other Daiwa reels?  Like the Zillion?

I use 80lb Sunline FX2 with my Tatula and I've had 0 issues with grooving or anything like that.

There's no reason not to use braid on that reel (other than any other braid vs. whatever consideration). The T wing deal is a little gimmicky, not a problem at all but not magic either.

It wont be a problem. Ive got hours on the tatula and Tatula type R and dont have anything outstanding to say about either. They are both good reels, quality for what I paid is fine. The TWing deal honestly does not seem to make a differance and I dont notice its there while on the water. The button push is a little stiffer but not a problem. I worry about the T-wing being another thing to fail down the line but so far no issues.

Overall I would say go for it assuming you are not asking it to perform like a Chronarch/Zillion/Curado E.