CDMeyer

Mississippi, La Crosse Wisconsin Spring Bass

Our 2014 Wisconsin SAF High School Bass State Tournament was moved from Winneconne to La Crosse Wisconsin, It will be held May 18 on a Sunday after the BFL on Saturday..... I read the rules and asking people like I am doing is fine and does not violate in any way.....

So does anyone have any Ideas on what we should do and how we should approach this tournament, we are from La Crosse so you can use logo language (certain spot names) if need be.....

I would greatly appreciate any help

A lot will depend on the water level and temp. in mid May. Are you stuck in pool #7 or can you drop down to #8 or #9 ?. I have my best luck in mid May on white swimjigs with single grub trailer, 3/8-1/2 oz. double willow spinnerbaits, chart/white or rainbow in the backwaters. They should be pre spawn but moving into the backwaters which will be a little warmer and attract shad. Look for any new weed growth , anything green, wood, etc. Good Luck

Spent a couple of weeks there many years ago, Camp McCoy.  I did a lot of trout fishing.

Yeah we are in pools 7,8,9..... so we should look for warmer water and find new weed growth