Sign in to follow this  
MacDaddyFishin

Okuma Citrix Vs Shimano Curado 200

Hello everyone. I am looking at buying a new reel, and I am currently looking at either the Okuma Citrix, or the new Shimano Curado. I was wondering has anyone tried both of these? Thoughts on either one? And which one is the better buy for the $$$. Thanks!!

Quantum Energy PT great reel good price. I think you should look at the tackle warehouse demo program. that way you can try and see what works best for you,.

Quantum Energy PT great reel good price. I think you should look at the tackle warehouse demo program. that way you can try and see what works best for you,.

ill look into them. I've had a bad experience with Quantum reels before but I'll give them a look. Thanks!!

I love all my Quantums and have never had an issue.  Honestly though don't take anyones word.  I will tell you Quantum because I'm a brand rep but what you really need to do is try out reels if you can.  Even in the store is fine.  Every reel will feel different.  I don't think you can go wrong with any reel in the $150+ range.  Anything in that price range should also have a good warranty.  Tackle Warehouse has a demo program.  Check it out.  

I can tell you shimano reels are made for the long haul.. No shortage of this well know fact, I do use the " I " and I like them just fine, I don't hear much on okuma reels of past years being around much.

I tried a couple Trio spinning, wasn't impressed. I vote for the curado,it's new, but it's going to hold up for years.

• Like 1

I love all my Quantums and have never had an issue.  Honestly though don't take anyones word.  I will tell you Quantum because I'm a brand rep but what you really need to do is try out reels if you can.  Even in the store is fine.  Every reel will feel different.  I don't think you can go wrong with any reel in the $150+ range.  Anything in that price range should also have a good warranty.  Tackle Warehouse has a demo program.  Check it out.

awesome man! I will have to see if anything will be close to me for the demo days!! Thanks again!!

I had an Omuka Komodo. Great reel ... Palmed well, was incredibly smooth and looked nice with the CF handle. Problem was I didnt care for the way you would have access the breaking system. You remove the sideplate but it isnt hinged to the reel. Casting distance seemed average.

The new Curado I has a unique breaking system. It can take time to get used to unlike that of the E series. A Chronarch E or Tatula would be great performers offering a little more user friendliness should that be of importance to you.

• Like 1

The citrix is a pretty nice reel...palms, casts and retrieves very nicely. It was however one the more difficult reels to tune. I enjoyed the one i played with overall.

I like my curado E and I better though

Can't say thank you enough for showing me this!! Already have two reels on the way!! Thanks again and thank you to everyone else for all the helpfull information.

Awesome.  Glad I could help you out.  I think it's really great that Tackle Warehouse does that.  What are you trying out?  Let us know how things go.

Awesome.  Glad I could help you out.  I think it's really great that Tackle Warehouse does that.  What are you trying out?  Let us know how things go.

I am trying out the Okuma Krios, and the Shimano Chronarch 200E.

Even KVD will probably have a hard time pushing Quantums over here on this forum lol.

Shimanos work well for me. Daiwas are a not so distant second.

I am trying out the Okuma Krios, and the Shimano Chronarch 200E.

FYI Walmart has the Krios for $75 

• Like 1