geo g

Loxahatchee, A Special Place.

Loxahatchee Preserve 11/11/14, 8:00-1:00, bluebird skies, wind 15-20, water light stain, water temp 70*, water levels up.

Went out this morning with Steve Johnson. When we arrived the wind was already ripping from the west. We ran out west and let the wind blow us back east on the flats side of the spoil bank. I started with a Hollow Body and Steve with a buzzbait. After 20 minutes we switched to plastics. I soon had two bass on the stick-o. Then it stopped. I switched to a swimbait. Back to back bass, then nothing. Steve hook the fish of the day and brought her to 3 feet from the boat, and she became unbuttoned. She looked in a least the 5 pound range. We went to trick worms and centipedes and caught a few more dinks but it was action.

We finished the day with 9 fish and we lost another 5 in the thick weeds. It was not a stellar day for catching, but it was nice to get out in this pristine fishery. There is always a shot at a 10 pounder at the Lox. If you haven't been out there for a while, you will be amazed at all the changes to the area. Subdivisions, road work, and canal bank improvements. Lox is a special place!

• Like 2

One of my favorite places to fish. I wish I could get out there more often.

Everytime i go there I get nothing.. probably because i fish from shore at the boat launch and the dock...

Everytime i go there I get nothing.. probably because i fish from shore at the boat launch and the dock...

If you are fishing at Lee rd from the fishing platform there just isn't enough water to cover, it's a small place.  I haven't gone there in years, plus they charge if I'm not mistaken, I have had way better luck across the street in the 441 canals.

• Like 1

Weld's, if you go further south to Lox Road there are a lot more possibilities for bank fishing.  You can walk the levee to the west and you will come to a flood gate about a half mile out.  If there is water flowing you may hit the gold mine.  I would wear leather boots in case you run across any critters on the walk.  There is a dirt road on top of the levee, and it is an easy walk.  Good luck if you go.