Sign in to follow this  
ChrisWi

Powell Diesel

After i get my Max 3D I'm planning on maybe getting a few Diesels, anyone used these or have input on them, seem like for the money they are great. Good for someone like me who's on a budget but wants rods to fill out combos

I had 3/4 models offered. Only one I didn't have was the crankbait rod. I'm a huge Powell endurance fan. Love my Endurances! I just couldn't like these rods. The 610 spinning rod is labeled a medium and was just as stout as the 723 medium heavy. Couldn't find a use for it except catfishing. The the 723 and 765 are both tip heavy and all of them are heavy in general. Sensitivity was what you'd expect of a $50 rod. Buy one and try it out. I can say after using the 3d you bought you might feel the same way I did. It's like going from a Corvette to a Cavalier.

I have 1/4 of the models. I have the old EVA gripped crankbait rod, which is a 7 ft MH Mod-Fast glass rod. It's a great rod for anything with trebles, and even spinnerbaits. Only complaint is the reel seat, it does feel sort of cheap, but thats what you get with a 50 dollar rod.

I had 3/4 models offered. Only one I didn't have was the crankbait rod. I'm a huge Powell endurance fan. Love my Endurances! I just couldn't like these rods. The 610 spinning rod is labeled a medium and was just as stout as the 723 medium heavy. Couldn't find a use for it except catfishing. The the 723 and 765 are both tip heavy and all of them are heavy in general. Sensitivity was what you'd expect of a $50 rod. Buy one and try it out. I can say after using the 3d you bought you might feel the same way I did. It's like going from a Corvette to a Cavalier.

did you have the new version?

They were the old models. Didn't know they had a newer one.

They were the old models. Didn't know they had a newer one.

yeah they are $80 and cork and I think a different blank

Try one out and see what you think.

Try one out and see what you think.

won't be till spring but might buy more than one, a spinning and 765 for froggin

I've only used one rod in the $50 - $80 range, I'm guessing they arent very sensitive?

Being so heavy made them feel dead to me. That's why I suggested buying 1 first. That way you aren't stuck with 2 rods you might not like. The new ones might be a good deal. Who knows though. Only you can decide if you like them. I know a lot rave about the old diesel and say how great they're. Ect ect. To me I thought they were a waste of money.

Being so heavy made them feel dead to me. That's why I suggested buying 1 first. That way you aren't stuck with 2 rods you might not like. The new ones might be a good deal. Who knows though. Only you can decide if you like them. I know a lot rave about the old diesel and say how great they're. Ect ect. To me I thought they were a waste of money.

I was planning on getting one first, I've heard a lot of mixed feelings about the diesels