Sign in to follow this  
BammerBass

General Rule In Regards To The 3 "main" Bass Species

So I have read that in general, largemouth prefer warmer, calmer water and brush and weeds inst ad of swifter cooler water that their smallmouth brethren prefer. Is that a correct assessment? Spots and smallmouth seem to prefer rocky type features over brush and grassy features, is that also correct? Of course there are always exceptions to the general rules when it comes to fishing, and you can catch a largemouth in atypical areas, where you'd more likely expect a spot or smallmouth to be hanging out, and Vic versa, id imagine it possible to catch smallmouth and spots in wood or grassy cover/structure thst they typically are not known for holding to. Id LOVE to catch a decent smallmouth (14" or higher), but I am limits d to short fishing, and it has always been general knowledge that smallmouth are caught fsr more often in deeper water, often which requires a boat to reach. Im not necessarily looking to catch a monster smallmouth (though that would definitely be awesome!!), I just wanna catch one because I think they are gorgeous fish, and have heard that they could run circles around lmb in terms of fight.

• Like 1

Thanks!! And jeeze what a dummy I am!!! I actually posted in thst thread lol, my short term memory is horrible!! Sorry bout this mods, yall can lock if if you want to. No need for duplicate threads so recent, and thst makes your job easier!!! But that did answer my questions. Seemed I was correct for the most psrt, but did see where smallmouth DO like wood, so.

Thanks for leading me to the proper place J Francho!!