Sign in to follow this  
Chance_Taker4

Revo Stx Or Carbonlite Both New Gem 3

I have my options narrowed down to either a BPS Carbonlite reel or an Abu Garcia STX. I can afford both and have lived previous versions of both reels. I like the STX comes in 8.0:1 since this will be a jig and frog reel. But I don't know of the extra $70 is worth it for faster gears. I would love to hear everyone's opinion I am also considering the Curado I but I wish it was more than a centrifugal brake system.

Dual Braking is over rated IMO. The Gen 3 Abu line are junk (Terrible quality control), personally i'd get a Curado I or Chronarch 51E.

• Like 1

Dual Braking is over rated IMO. The Gen 3 Abu line are junk (Terrible quality control), personally i'd get a Curado I or Chronarch 51E.

X2. I would also consider an 8:1 daiwa tatula type r if you want faster gears.

Thanks guys ill look at the Tatula Type R, I have the normal tatula and love it. Im not a big fan of centrifugal brake system. That is he only thing keeping me fom the Curado I. I do like the dual brake system and mag brakes I'll look at the Chronarch haven't really looked at those. I have been a huge fan of the Revos I have 2 of the gen 3 SX and like them.