Sign in to follow this  
clayton86

Asking For A Raise Update

Well I had one of the newer office staff/salesmen come back yesterday and tell me that he had a long talk with the owner about the triad(product line I'm working on) guys. He got me a $1 raise on the first of the year.

I've been putting in some crazy hours and they are taking notice me and my new trainee busting our arses cranking out quality products. Were doing the three days worth of work in a day well an extended day between 10-12 hr days for a previous 24hrs worth of work done in 10-12. Best part is we have had zero rejects for about 3 weeks at that rate.

They also just bought me a new gelcoater for the hefty price of $12,000.

So my hard work has paid off but also come to bite me in the back side being dependable and making a good product because I am absolutely swamped with work almost to much I need another helper to boss around lol.

Congrats on the raise! Being swamped this days is a blessing, not a burden!

Yeah I defenitly don't mind knowing I got enough work to carry me a year at least at this point. I got a phone call last night at 830 that we just sold 4 ladders to a customer in Australia and I had to rush the production on them first thing this morning.

Only burden part is not spending time at home lately I worked 66 hours last week right threw the holiday and all weekend. I had to walk away today I was already 12hrs in and had a few parts to lay up still but I'm a day ahead and was tired so I called it quits for the day and will finish at 6am tomorrow.

Thanks guys

Three abilities that equal job security:

Availability

Reliability

Responsibility

Be careful of the burnout factor!