Sign in to follow this  
Joe Schmuckatelli

Falcon Bucco "cranker Spin"

Hello, I have a question in regards to the BMS-7M, it's the 7" medium cranker spin by falcon. I purchased the rod from wal-mart last winter for $30 on clearance (my fiancé has good eye's) and have had it spooled with 8# mono all year and threw everything from senko's (which wasn't very efficient, I lost a lot of fish) to small rooster tails, and light cranks. The rod is very soft overall, any recommendations on what to spool it with and what techniques to designate it for? I have heard that the bucco's are under powered so its more than likely a medium light power and moderate action.

Open hook presentations, ( tubes, small crankbaits like dt4 etc.. Wacky rigs, again a open hook rig... I owned that rod & it worked fine for what I listed... My son broke it. ( he's so hard on equipment) lol..

Depending on your reel, 6 to 8 Pline, Yozuri hybrid #6 or Silverthread in #8

When I was wacky rigging, it had to much give to drive the hook however, I had it spooled with mono. I have it paired with a pflueger president size 30. Im wondering if 8# fluoro will cooperate on spinning.

Is that the only issue? Wacky rigs? Could be a hook problem, I had no difficulties with it for the one year I used it, my 7' avid ml has more power for sure, and cast just as well if not better.. I'm also not a big braid person, that may help too.(Braid) Some carbon has a good bit of stretch as well, it may not cure your issue. Again your selection of hook could be the issue.. Then again, you may need to step up to a bit more power. The falcon also did well with 1/4 Oz pop r style baits.. Casting well and with sticky sharp owner hooks, no issues sticking fish. @ 30$ that rod is a bargain..