5fishlimit

3D Printing Fishing Lures

I've been fascinated by 3D printing machines since the first time I saw one in a magazine article (I think Popular Science) many years ago.  

With the cost of these printers starting to become "affordable" do you think you would ever get to the point of printing your own lures?

I want to get one but for making masters to then turn into molds. I think you could do some awesome things in the mold making department with one of these.

yup, but it'd be more expensive than buying them I assume. It would be fun though

I would love to have one. I think of so may designs then forget I wish I could just make them.

I work for a large printing company in the Midwest that will offer 3D printers once in the near future once they become more available / cheaper.

From what I know (and that's not a whole lot :lol: ), it'll be significantly cheaper to buy your fav lures opposed to 3D printing them. At least for the foreseeable future

I have ran 3-D printers before. I haven't used the new ones much but the older ones were super slow as well. And like someone else mentioned they didn't like us printing a whole lot because of cost.

Right now, I am only relying on a traditional print media to copy, duplicate, reproduce, publish and or even preserve such important things like documents and many more in print materials. But like you said, soon if 3D printing is affordable and can afford, I perhaps the printed paper that I always used to can be a format of anything tangible duplicate or reproduction of whatever stuff we want to make, even the life size of me.

Regards.
Elly of http://www.digitekprinting.com/

I can see 3D printers being used to print out molds for soft baits, but actually printing usable lures I probably would never do.  Hardbaits have too many movable parts and hardware to attach securely, and then you have to paint the thing.