Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tcbass

Will Ima Skimmers And Roumbas Ever Be Sold At The Big Box Stores?

Recommended Posts

These are a Japanese brand I believe. I see that Cabelas sells one Ima lure. Do you think the big box stores, Cabelas, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro will ever carry the Ima Skimmer or Roumba? Will Ima ever make it big in the US?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they will. I live about an hour north of a cabela's and it would be nice to not have to order online what I could pick up at the store but if you look at what cabela's is selling, its alot of their own brand. They are even selling their own rods and reels,which is something they didn't do years ago. So I don't think they want more competition than they already have. If anything, I think you'll see alot less variety in brands and more store brands (cabela's, Bass Pro Shop, Gander Mtn.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably not I would say , I have a local tackle store that tried the ima line up . I quickly scooped up what I could I get my hands on , I was also told I was the only one to give them a shot . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are big on the West Coast, but more so in smaller local tackle shops.  If they did I'm sure it would be in a regional market base where they have a bigger customer base that knows their products opposed to putting it out where 10% of the anglers know and want the baits but the other 90% have no intentions of paying the higher price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are big on the West Coast, but more so in smaller local tackle shops.  If they did I'm sure it would be in a regional market base where they have a bigger customer base that knows their products opposed to putting it out where 10% of the anglers know and want the baits but the other 90% have no intentions of paying the higher price.

 

 

 

With the larger companies they could put them online too, I suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I'd rather this type of stuff be a niche item.  The quantities that are needed for large scale retailers would surely change the way they are made, where they are made, and the quality.  Mass availability means mass production.  That doesn't mean they will go down in quality, and many other companies have maintained quality (Lucky Craft is the first to come to mind), but I've seen little guys' cool products get clobbered by quantity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×