SirSnookalot

No More Road Trips, Not For A While

Been doing just fine catching bass in my local area, did much better last week with the bigger fish but my rod is still bending.

Every trip out of my local area has been a waste of time as it was yesterday.  I head about 15 miles south for some peacocks and some snakehead fishing which I haven't done in about a year.  Saw no peas and had 1 snakehead strike which I blew................total user error.

Never leave fish to find fish. (I am just as guilty as anyone about breaking this rule)

Never leave fish to find fish. (I am just as guilty as anyone about breaking this rule)

One of my exceptions to this rule is fishing for schooling fish.  There are a number of species that school according to size, jacks, bluefish, spanish mackerel for example.  If I'm catching 1-2# fish like a jack (that's still a lot of fun), I leave that school and try and find a school of larger schooling fish.

Fishing for bass, I can catch an 8" bass then catch an 8 pounder on the next cast, it doesn't happen often but it can happen.

I'm trying different areas to catch species that I don't have around here.