Sign in to follow this  
Catch and Grease

Gonna Try Something Other Than Braid Haha

Not very often do I try other lines than braid, not for very long at least... Took my 50lb braid off and spooled some 20lb C-21 Pline on my tatula to use with swim jigs. Went out and cast it a little In the pond and it works pretty good, maybe I'll catch a hawg with it tomorrow!

Wrong section, my mistake!

20 lb?  That seems awfully heavy for swim jigs.  Make sure you use some KVD on it, memory will probably be a bear.

Yeah it is a little heavy but its all I had, I found it in my drawer and forgot I had bought it awhile back lol Figured I'd try it for the heck of it instead of letting it waste away... KVD L&L is on my Christmas list, I need to get some more!

The memory doesn't seem too bad but only time will tell...

I've never used C21 so I can't say how the memory is.  Generally 20 lb is going to have quite a bit though.  Just don't give up on copoly based on your experiences with 20 lb.  It gets much more manageable as you go down in size.  I like Pline CX and always had good luck with 12 lb.  It handles well and is plenty strong.

• Like 2

Oh and BTW, I haven't used many co-polys but it does seem like 20lb C21 is a little thinner than other 20lb lines...

Good luck with it, maybe it won't be too bad.  Hopefully your reel has enough capacity for 20 lb.

• Like 1

Good luck with it, maybe it won't be too bad.  Hopefully your reel has enough capacity for 20 lb.

Look at it this way.........at least he can honestly say he can spool the line on some casts.  :teeth:

Something I can't do even with 17# on a Trion.  :sad78:

• Like 1

I went out this morning but was only able to catch one keeper before it started pouring rain, it seems like good line but its a little on the stretchy side which is a killer for me....

Try some Sunline Defier if you're wanting a break from braid. You will be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

I went out this morning but was only able to catch one keeper before it started pouring rain, it seems like good line but its a little on the stretchy side which is a killer for me....

If you've been strictly fishing braid for awhile, everything is probably going to feel stretchy until you get used to it.

C21 is a line based around spinning reels so it doesn't have a lot of memory at all.

Once I switched from fluoro and mono to braid I threw away all my extra line :)